baby ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I survived Hubby's ICT!

Yes, I survived the week, or rather, the nights without Hubby. 

With much tears and frustration though. 

The gist of everything is, it was difficult to make little PJ sleep at night. For some unknown reasons, she would fuss and not fall asleep in the cot like how she did for the past 2 months, so I had to carry and pat her to sleep. Then when I put her down, she would wake up almost immediately and stare at me with her eyes wide open. So I had to pick her up again and redo all that I had done. This pat-sleep-put down-wake up-fuss-carry and pat again cycle took almost 2 hours on most nights, from 9pm to 11pm. The same cycle also went on for the 2am feed.

Tiredness, impatience and the loneliness and quietness of the night unleashed a whole bout of emotions in me, coupled with much spanking of little PJ's butt. Hubby would receive SMSes from me at the wee hours, saying how lousy I felt for losing patience with little PJ. 

You cannot imagine how HAPPY and RELIEVED I was when Hubby returned home at the end of the week. My knight in shining armour had appeared again. 

Till now, little PJ still doesn't fall asleep in her cot like she did before. But I am glad that now Hubby is here to share her fussing with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment